Sunday, March 15, 2009

Superhero French Toast

So I have gotten into the habit of making quick bread on a regular basis because it's a good vessel for all sort of nutritious hippie junk. I figured I could make it just as healthy as a Clif bar and for a fraction of the price. I have it on hand during the week to take as snacks or as something ready to go for Colin to eat.

If there is any left by the weekend, I make french toast out of it. So I have this 100% whole grain and fruit and flax and nuts and all this other healthy stuff packed into the bread which is then infused with milk and eggs for extra nutrients. That's why I call it superhero french toast.

1 loaf quick bread, (banana, apple, pumpkin, etc.)
3 eggs
3/4 milk

You can adjust the recipe for how much bread you have left. I think the toast tastes good straight, but Colin eats it with syrup.

Two slices is very filling.

2 comments:

Sarah H. Wood said...

what exactly is quick bread?

Rebecca said...

Non-yeast breads like banana bread nad pumpkin bread - those are all "quick breads" because there is no rising or kneading.